CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

IT Band Issues!


I have been having huge issues with my Ilotial Band when I run. It's a sharp pain from my hip down to the outside of knee. Not only while I run but lately while I walk or just sit. I have been iceing it 3 to 4 times every day, stretching and massaging it for 15 to 30 min every morning and night and taking pain reliver with anti inflamatory meds. I have really cut back in my running so it can heal before the marathon but I'm not seeing much of a difference. It really stinks because the marathon is only in 8 DAYS! I will still be running even if it kills me....it will probably take me awhile to run it. When I have been doing my short runs I have to stop every few minutes to stretch because it has been hurting so dang bad!

Well? Wish me luck! Me and my gimp self........

3 comments:

Amy said...

Good Luck! We will be outside cheering you on! I love to watch the marathon I look forward to it every year. Maybe someday if I can jog more than 2 miles without dying I will try it

Gail said...

Amy, we'll take it slow and easy and we'll get er done.
Don't forget the Clinic-- first timers clinic at 3 & 5 and Pace team clinic at 6. I'll probably go at 5&6/ Call Me.

Gail

daisy said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Sorry to read about your leg issues.... I've been having a little foot trouble the last couple of weeks. Definitely not fun. Is this your first marathon? Just enjoy the great atmosphere and have fun. It sounds like you are doing everything you can do for your injury. Good luck!